What you get…
- All the templates, tools and techniques you need to start earning an income by Module 4
- How-to videos in bit-sized chunks to explain how to do it yourself in each module
- Links to blogs and podcasts if you want more information, plus government funding available
- Get experience dealing with real customers, plus email advice to overcome problems specific to your business.
- Includes simple business plans, plus an 8-week marketing and social media plan to launch your business and get you on your way
- tap into our Inception Network founder’s 30+ years of personal experience in Small Business marketing and franchise operations to create your own business
- Referrals to local business networks to build business collaborations (not an upsell from the course).
- Online learning access for 12 weeks with webinars, tips, tools, and techniques developed by us that you can use in business and marketing qualifications as part of career development plans
- Access to all 7 modules in the startup process with automatic checkpoints to reinforce learning and identify people who may be struggling to progress or get stuck and need extra help.
This self-guided course does not include a weekly check-in call for 8 weeks to ask questions and get advice, access to live webinars and events, or the extra coaching you get with our 8-week 1-on-1 coaching program (click HERE for detail of that program).
If you are looking for that, you can upgrade at any time throughout this course.
What do I do in each module?
Great question, and glad you asked. Here is the plan that we do each week in the 8-week coaching program.
The first two modules you need to complete as part of the automatic checkpoints mentioned above. After that, feel free to jump around as much as you like. but if you struggle to do work in later units, you may have missed something in an earlier unit.
Like in module 4, you write a simple business plan so you don’t do extra work that you don’t need to do when starting out. If you need to do more, add it to your business plan when you do module 7, and review module 2 to remind you that you don’t need to do everything yourself. that’s not good for you or your new business.
- Beginner, Intermediate, or Great Already (BIGA) – Critical Thinking and Creativity skills.
Self-assess the skills have and play to your strengths and natural talents. Work out the skills you need to do what you love and earn an income out of it in a competitive marketplace. What would you rather double, $50 or $10? learn that in your first week
- Help Overcoming Trouble (HOT) – Adaptation and Innovation skills
Increase your earning capacity by doing what you are great at. We’ll show you how to overcome your weaknesses through collaborations with others in your business network who do love the things you hate, so you may not have to. This is also the week when we work out if you are eligible to get funding to start your business, and we help you apply for it.
- Understanding Purchasers (UP) – Ethics and Empathy skills
Use the different types of empathy at each of the 5 steps in buyer behaviour. Meet customers’ needs and wants from tyre kickers to raving fans. This tested system has been around longer than you! When Henry Ford said “If I’d listened to what my customers wanted, I would have built faster horses”, he was talking about using this system. Thanks to modern technology, it works faster today.
- Make Opportunities Viable Enterprises (MOVE) – Cultural Awareness and Initiative skills
A dream is just a plan without a timeframe, so you’ll get the steps to make your dreams come true, and you put your timeframe on it. All you need is a passion for something, and you can confidently plan your next actions. If you don’t have the confidence to start selling by this stage of the program, you can put it on hold and make a new plan to come back to it so you don’t give up on your dream. You can even start the program again if that’s what you need, and we won’t charge you any extra to do that.
- Depressed, Insecure, and Precious (DIP) – Customer Focus and Learning skills
Overcome the 3 main triggers of why all businesses fail. Poor strategy, poor cash flow, and poor products. Learn how to avoid these pitfalls and make smarter business decisions. Customer focus is not about you. You’ll learn how to feel safe and secure in your goldie-locks zone when promoting your business and avoid mental health issues that commonly plague the micro-business community.
- Social Trolls, Insurgents, and Fake Friends (STIFF) – Digital Technologies and Communication
When you step out onto social media, criticism dents your confidence. It’s not personal, you just need to be a bit thick-skinned in business. Turn the attacks into an opportunity to show off your expertise to real customers. They say you have no friends in business, which these days is not true. Just like in your personal life, not all of your family and friends give you the best advice for you and what you want to do. But the business friends you make in week 2 will be HOT ready to go.
- Systematic Testing of Problems (STOP) – Collaboration and Problem-Solving skills
A practical self-evaluation of your business model canvas to focus your business activities only on what works as part of a continuous improvement process. But you don’t have to start again. Go back UP, MOVE HOT products, or grow your business to BIGA things. This is also how we know you will get results from this program, as you’ll learn to evaluate your business success.